my first blood donation.

25 february 2009

i made a noble move today. for the first time in my life tt i gathered all my guts and donated blood. it was quite impulsive tt i went for it. it was my coursemate, cheelin to invite. i nvr tawt i would do tt for i am afraid it would be painful. it was kind of an awareness drive organised by my uni.

MEGA BLOOD DONATION DRIVE.

k, now let the pics do the talking...


as it was my first time, the lady filled in the red booklet for me as record...and the packets were those to fill in my blood...there were 3...cheelin and i were really freaking worried tt we had to donate 3 pints...well, we only had to donate one ler...hee...

this was the queue...waited for quite some time...plus my backache, the wait was like forever...

a clearer view of the frightening packets...

k, tt was my right arm...it really freaked me out the first time the man jab me...i din dare to even look at my own arm till he finished...the first jab was anesthetic jab, second was to insert the needle for transfusion...it was not painful afterall...*winks* =]

my blood...

more of my blood...


tt was me =]
hee....


and finally, the 'product'...hee...it took about 20 minutes...

we were given plenty of stuffs actually.
those includes;
(i forgot to capture photos on the goodies)
1 season's can drink-i got chrysanthemum (i saw someone beside me got malta k, so unfair...aihs)
1 packet of swiss roll cake-given to roomie
1 ayam brand tuna bun-given to fren
1 newspaper (times) -haven finished reading
1 packet of vitamin c (junior) - given to fren
1 kind of ribena drink - finished drinking yesterday
1 pen
1 certificate-k, i was bad luck, i din get it...paper jammed on the printer...everyone's cert was fine except mine jam on the printer and the printer printed my name at some corner of the cert...argh~

Category: 3 comments

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why din wait for the cert? Ya how come you got backache? if AV shouldn't go for donation. well, for me looking at such a queue, i will head back my bed. ^hehe...

To be honest, i am scared most of all is the used needle. I dont' wan good heart ended up dark life. i know they take precautions and new needles. but i won't guarantee the possibilities. hahah...

c3 said...

din wait cos the person say they only provide one cert per person...kenot gif another one...den samo i was late for movie dy...

i dn think its AV ehh...old dy...fong sap...hahha...i oso duno the cause but now i really thank salonpas...kekek...

i guess we share the same thoughts...the possibilities of getting diseases...i oso tawt of tt b4 but i did it cos i rmb my father used up alot of blood in the blood bank...though they nvr ask us to gif bc the amt of blood he used, i just wann repay oh...

Rahul said...

just don't look at it. It realy doesn't hurt like youd expect it to, having blood drained from your arm; you can't feel it. I got a vague semi numbnedd in my upper arm after about 5 minutes but the whole thing only lasted 7, and apparently only 1/100 people have a faint spell and i recovered immediately anyway...

Post a Comment